Monday, December 7, 2009

Free to Love



I am so thankful for being forced to sit at home and heal. Although I really do not enjoy having to ask Audra to do everything for me, the Lord is showing me just how amazingly wonderful she is through her desire to take care of me. I am such an incredibly blessed man. It's often hard for me to fathom the fact that Audra really is who she has shown herself to be. Sometimes I wonder if she really has the heart that I think she does. And time after time her heart is proven to be true. For so many years I really thought that a woman with Audra's heart didn't exist. I'm not just saying this because she is my wife either. The Lord has blessed her with a heart to love which surpasses all thoughts I have ever had about love. If anyone reads this I want you to know one thing, there really are women who will love you and that will have hearts that are absolutely captivating. Don't settle for a woman that loves you more than she loves the Lord, because if Audra didn't love the Lord more than she loves me then she wouldn't have the ability to love me like she does. and the same goes for me, I have to love the Lord more than I love her. You see, it is not my job to love her, it is my job to be obedient to the Lord so He can love her through me. I know if you think of the times that you've tried to love someone by yourself it ended up being a flop. If we want to love or receive love, then we need to draw near to the love giver. Thats not just my opinion, thats scriptural. If you find that you have a hard time loving somebody, STOP TRYING YOURSELF!!!!! take it to the Lord and ask him to begin removing those things in your heart which are hindering God from loving people through you. And I promise that He will. God will still show His love for those we are around even if we are disobedient and not looking towards the Lord for guidance, but why miss the blessing of Christ living through us?

1 comment:

  1. I love that message babe. I wish more people realized the same thing. Though you are quite lovable, it would be stinkin' hard to love you the way you needed to be loved, if I wasn't just allowing Christ's love to pour through me, to you.
    You are, by far, the sweetest man I know. I know it is hard for you to understand right now, but I so thoroughly enjoy taking care of you. I really feel like I am fulfilling one of my purposes, on this earth, when I am doing it.
    I've told you already, but thank you for being such an easy person to take care of. You think you ask for a lot, but its not a lot, and you are very humble when you ask of me things.
    I hate that you are down with your knee being hurt, but I too am thankful that you are being forced to rest. I believe we are getting to have some time together, before the baby comes, that otherwise would have never happened if you hadn't had this knee surgery.
    I love you very much Josh. God is turning you into such an incredible man...it just makes me glorify Him to see what He is doing in you :)

    ReplyDelete